Wednesday, July 31, 2013

The Craft

     Oh no!  How did this happen?  It seems another Wednesday has crept up on me and I was caught unprepared.  I had a topic in mind for this week's blog, but things have been so incredibly insane that I didn't get a chance to put any real thought behind it and get it written.  So instead, I will share with you another poem that I wrote about a month and a half ago.  This poem epitomizes my "adventures in novelizing".

Image courtesy of digital art \ FreeDigitalPhotos.net


The Craft


Up all night burning the midnight oil.
Tap, tap, clickety, clack, the sound of my toil.
The screen fills with a sea of words
Ideas chirping away in my mind like little birds.

By day I don't live up to my potential
Slowly but surely going mental
For someone else I slave away
Just to earn a meager pay

I work tirelessly to hone the craft
Unsatisfied living life in rough draft
The thought of it makes me cringe
So all night long, on words I binge

No comments:

Post a Comment